Enchiladas is a Mexican dish made by rolled corn tortilla around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables. This one is a layered version. This one is made of veggies, beans cheese, homemade enchilada sauce, and tortillas. It can be served with chips, guacamole, and rice.
Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Saute Pan
- Baking Dish
- Baking Oven
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cup Veg Stock
- Salt To Taste
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 Cup Carrots Chopped
- 1 Zuchhini Chopped
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 2 Cups Enchilada Sauce Homemade or Store-brought
- 12 Corn or Flour Tortillas Halved
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano
- pickled jalapenos, salt,chili flakes to taste
- Heat oil in asaucepan and saute flour for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Keep it aside for 5mins to cool down.
- Prepare veggiemixture, heat oil in a pan and add onions and garlic and saute
- Once onions are light brown, add corn, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, oregano and salt to taste. Cook this for 5 mins
- Add beans, green chili and chili flakes and cook for 2 more mins. Set aside this veggie mixture.
- Take a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish and pour a 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Next layer the tortillas.Top tortillas with 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce and then 1/3rd of the veggies mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese and put jalapenos.
- Repeat the layers 2 more times in this order now - tortillas, enchilada sauce, 1/3 of veggie mixture, cheese and jalapenos.