Sweet potato chaat is a perfect fall recipe to enjoy sweet potatoes. It is a flavorful as traditional chaat and has some wholesome ingredients. The tangy-sweet-spicy flavors burst in the mouth with every bite. In India, sweet potato chaat is extremely common on the roadside during winters. The ingredients for this chaat can be prepared ahead to assemble right before serving. Sweet potato cubes are roasted in the oven with some salt, cumin seeds powder, and garlic powder. Cilantro-mint chutney and tamarind chutney can be prepared ahead, or most of us usually have these in the fridge all the time. Skip puris and sev to make it even healthier.
Sweet Potato Chaat
- Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
For Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large Sweet Potato Chopped into cubes
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder roasted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cups Chickpeas Canned or Cooked
- 1/2 cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber Finely Chopped
- 5-6 Puris or Papadis broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
- 3 tbsp Green Chutney
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder Roasted
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Yogurt Vegan or General
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Fine Sev
- Spread sweet potatoes in a baking dish and mix oil, salt, cumin seed powder and garlic powder to it.
- Bake these in oven at 425 F for 20-25 mins. Let these cool down.
- In a mixing bowl,add roasted sweet potatoes and rest of the chaat ingredients except chaat masala, yogurt and sev. Mix everything well.
- Serve chaat in a dishand swirl yogurt, and sprinkle chaat masala and sev on top.